Hi! I'm Simon Mollema, or
molzy, if you like.
This post is a follow-up to the creation of my MAC address reader tool . In this post, I find a new use case for the tool, and document a new and improved prototype of the ...
Hack The Box - Jewel Writeup
Jewel is a Medium-tier vulnerable Linux virtual machine, created by polarbearer. The goal of my participation in Hack The Box is to learn which tools are used for analysis and exploitation of a variety of protocols, ...
Hack The Box - Doctor Writeup
Doctor is an Easy-tier vulnerable Linux virtual machine, created by egotisticalSW. The goal of my participation in Hack The Box is to learn which tools are used for analysis and exploitation of a variety of protocols, ...
I have a few different interests. Here is a list of the things I enjoy most!
- Writing - Although, I'm spending far too little time on it.
- Travel - New Zealand has some amazing landscapes, and my home country of Australia is also lovely!
- Photography - I use a Fujifilm X-T20 with the kit lens, 18-55mm f2.8-4.0. Love the dials.
- Music - Sometimes quiet, sometimes loud, always eclectic. Here's my Bandcamp collection.
- Movies - Edgar Wright is my favourite director, Strictly Ballroom is my favourite Aussie film, and Almost Famous rocks.
- Cooking - I'll try almost any cuisine, and I like to cook extra dinner portions for lunches!
- Baking - Chocolate ganache is the most delicious form of chocolate.
- Board & Card Games - I love the art in Dixit, and Wingspan is my favourite game!
- Hand Percussion - I play djembe and darbuka.
- Electronics - Always waiting for more parts...
- Breaking Things & Fixing Things - Often while taking them apart, out of curiosity.
I built this website as a place to write about some technical work, and anything else that takes my fancy. I'm hoping to become a more creative person as time marches on.
I am currently undertaking the OSCP certification, in order to gain an entry-level credential within the Information Security field.
If you would like to read more about my interests, what I do for work, and the studies I am currently undertaking in the Information Security field, you can find more information about me on the About page.