Hi! I'm Simon Mollema, or
molzy, if you like.
Last weekend, I heard that there was a Capture The Flag event taking place - Down Under CTF . Although I had made other plans, I spent a few hours completing some of the "Easy" challenges ...
Photography in New Zealand
On a vacation in New Zealand, before the plague, I was able to enjoy taking photos of the landscape around me. I have posted a few selections below, with a descriptive accompaniment of bad poetry. All ...
Many people who have both a blog and the Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) certification somehow feel compelled to write a blog post about their experience. I am not immune. My experience with the exam, and ...
I have a few different interests. Here is a list of the things I enjoy most!
- Writing - Although, I'm spending far too little time on it.
- Travel - New Zealand has some amazing landscapes, and my home country of Australia is also lovely!
- Photography - I use a Fujifilm X-T20 with the kit lens, 18-55mm f2.8-4.0. Love the dials.
- Music - Sometimes quiet, sometimes loud, always eclectic. Here's my Bandcamp collection.
- Movies - Edgar Wright is my favourite director, Strictly Ballroom is my favourite Aussie film, and Almost Famous rocks.
- Cooking - I'll try almost any cuisine, and I like to cook extra dinner portions for lunches!
- Baking - Chocolate ganache is the most delicious form of chocolate.
- Board & Card Games - I love the art in Dixit, and Wingspan is my favourite game!
- Hand Percussion - I play djembe and darbuka.
- Electronics - Always waiting for more parts...
- Breaking Things & Fixing Things - Often while taking them apart, out of curiosity.
I built this website as a place to write about some technical work, and anything else that takes my fancy. I'm hoping to become a more creative person as time marches on.
I have recently completed the Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) certification exam, in order to gain an entry-level credential within the Information Security field.
If you would like to read about more of my interests, what I do for work, and the studies I am currently undertaking in the Information Security field, you can find more information about me on the About page.